Sunday, April 6, 2014

Examine, Effect and Execute.



April 4, 2014

I got a chewing out to day so to speak so I guess I had better get on the ball and get to being a better student. It isn’t that I haven’t been in motion. Going to work, and then not going to work, and back and forth is very disruptive with schedules. I’m a schedule person. I tend to need order in my life. I haven’t got there yet, but I have got to the point that I tell myself that it has happened and is and believing that it is so.

I spent 5 weeks so sick that I had a hard time waking up let alone doing anything productive. I couldn’t even read something inspiring at night which is not like me. I’m finally getting some of my energy back and moving forward. Sometimes I feel like I have been dumping the negative and dark parts of my life faster than my body can keep up.

Last night Bronwen helped me see clearly how to get rid of my judgements. I was amazed at how readily and easily it worked. I was able to get rid of all of the gripes I had with folks for many years. I was even able to go into childhood and erase and replace a lot of garbage the had caused much negative between my dad and me in my growing up years.

I have my future planned out on paper and am in the process of creating “Dream Boards” for each different category.

April 6, 2014

I really meant to have the above finished and posted on the evening of the 4th, but life got in the way, and some precious souls in my life wanted to watch a movie. I also on occasion get to take our almost 2 year old grandson down to my space and give his parents a small break before he has to go to bed. He cherishes me as much as I cherish him and so you see why this time is important to me.

In the last paragraph of the April 4th draft, I was talking about “Dream Boards” when time stopped. I have set out dreams in my life many times, even as far as dream boards. The last was 7½ years ago. I was well on my way to manifesting those dreams, when 2 years ago my life was disrupted in a very traumatic way and everything changed abruptly. My wife and family and probably many friends had been praying to the Lord to give me an event that would let me realize that I was on a very wrong track religiously. I got that event in a way that was not only timely but very pointed. It pretty much immediately brought me back into activity in the Church and after a year of waiting to be sentenced by a judge, let me know how very blessed I was and how generous Father and the Savior were to me and mine. I had been expecting possibly years in federal prison with a hope of a blessing of just one year.

From the very beginning of being hauled in and finally released to go to one of my childrens home under supervision, the Holy Spirit had told me loud and clear that this was a battle that I could not win. Up until that point, I was more than willing to give them battle. But when that very pointed impression came, I became calm and collected and determined to put this matter in the hands of the Savior and let Him work out the details. Realize, this was a situation that I was very heavily involved in the right and wrong of it all. Had my wife not been wrapped up in it all too, I would have been glad to go through whatever it took to prove my point. But I know now, that had I not had that change of heart, my wife would have possibly gone to prison with me and I would have missed one of the most wonderful teaching times of my life. It wasn’t that I was being a bad person. In fact, I thought then and still do that I was fighting for principles that were important to fight for. I was in a 20 + year battle with the IRS that finally culminated in Federal Court. The miracle was that my wife got totally exonerated and I got one year of probation and 100 hours of community service. I had ask for and hoped for 1 year of prison. I have, since that moment, realized how generous the Lord is, giving us much more than we ask for when we do as He asks. I can look back on my life and recognize many of these events though not as prominent as this one was.

The reason I tell you this is because even though I wasn’t being a bad person in my own eyes, I did have one big flaw. My attitude. I was on a mission to fix the wrongs with the government and also with the church. Had I not had this experience, I would not have had all of the wonderful experiences that have taken place in the last two years with my attitude and the experiences and events that lead up to the whole reason I sit here writing in this blog.

I find myself involved in two very special tasks, one being the building of a life changing business, and the other the building of a life changing me because of the principles of the business.

I was just released officially from my probation last night in a letter that arrived yesterday. I have been so wrapped up in the last two years of my life that it hasn’t been easy to just pivot and move forward with out that cloud over me. I have spent those two years being in the eyes of the court the best of citizens. Had something gone wrong, I would have automatically gone to prison for the original number of years that the prosecution wanted. Now I can move forward with all of the different dreams that come with freedom so to speak.

In this endeavor to build a business under the guidance of the Master, I have had wonderful experiences with the principles being taught. I have learned how to meditate and the growth that is happening is marvelous to me. I am learning so much about the Savior that I have only wished for in the past. I have been able to erase the darkness of many relationships of the past and come to peace with much. I am learning how to manifest so much that makes such a difference to me and my life. I listened to General Conference yesterday and today and am amazed at the difference a change of attitude can make in the morsels of truth that come through from such an event. Also the understanding of things read in books or conversations had, and thoughts that come into the head.

The E-words I am concentrating on today are Examine, Effect and Execute.

Examine: To  inspect carefully, with a view to discover truth or the real state of a thing; 

It’s amazing how meditation in the way I have been taught does that so well. When you get going, things that need to be inspected just keep coming and coming with discovery as to how to discard the darkness and unbelief that has plagued and roadblocked for so long. The peace that comes is so exhilarating and all for the glory of God.

Effect: That which is produced by an agent or cause; as the effect of luxury; the effect of intemperance;  Consequence; event; Completion; perfection.
There are many examples of “Effect” in my life, but the most prominent is the effect of a change of attitude that literally changed my life.

Execute: To bring to pass; to achieve; to accomplish; Literally, to follow out or through.  Hence, to perform; to do; to effect; to carry into complete effect; to complete; to finish.

I am so happy and thankful that all of my dreams and desires will be executed. I’m so happy and thankful that I have made the Glory of God the focus of my life to be executed. I am so happy and grateful that the good of the last two years, that have been executed, happened.

I look forward to the rest of my eternity. I expect it to be exciting and fun. As far as coaching goes, I don’t know what else to do but go through each day watching life unfold. I can be available for phone calls if you want. I just need to know when. Mid morning would be best. One question I have is why does the end of the day become a bit depressing after a morning high? How does one stay up and highly motivated all of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Randy. I loved your post! You asked a question at the end of your post that I have made important in my life. "One question I have is why does the end of the day become a bit depressing after a morning high? How does one stay up and highly motivated all of the time."
    That question had been plaguing me for years. I love that the answer finally came through the scriptures. The Lord surely knows best. It all had to do with how He set up the days of the week, when the beginning of the day started, when the day ended, when the Sabbath started, when it ended, etc. Then, as I studied that, it finally sunk in that He set up the days on the principle of faith. ???? Yep. Faith. Their day ended at sundown; pretty much 6 or 8 pm., depending on the time of year. That meant that their new day started before they went to bed. Interesting, yes? They used that time to prepare for the sunrise. It was faith-based, especially in their preparations for the Lord's Sabbath. They used Friday evening, (the beginning of their Sabbath day) to prepare to make sacrifices the next sunrise. Then they were back to work by 6or 8pm on Saturday, the end of their Sabbath. Every evening was the preparation they needed to be ready to "go and do". It was a contemplative time, a time when they put all their ducks in a row for the coming sunrise. All was in preparation and ready to go, so all they had to do was get up in the morning and move towards their daily goals. All was based on the faith that the coming day would be productive in one manner or another. The difference between how they did it, and how we've done it (generally speaking), is that they included the Lord in lining up their ducks. I haven't always done that. They struggled with it for a decade or so, too, until they finally got the hang of it. Thankfully, if we screw up and work on the Sabbath, we don't get an immediate death penalty like they did. Whew! I'd have died several times over by now had that been the case!
    When I apply this faith-based principle, of preparing with the inclusion of the Lord, come sundown, consciously thinking that the day is over and a new one has begun, it changes things for me. Now, on Saturday evenings, if I focus on the Lord, I can, with His guidance, know what to offer up on the altar the next day. The Sacrament has taken on a lot more meaning for me now. And He is accepting more and more of my offerings than ever before.
    I am learning to do this every evening. It is a struggle, as no one else in my family understands the importance of slowing down and being contemplative and prayerful in the evenings. This is the time when I like to meditate, to write down what I feel He wants me to do when the sun comes up. If I do this, I don't have the highs and lows of mornings vs. evenings.
    I would normally say that this works for me, but might not work for everyone. However, 'tis not so. Because this is the way the Lord set it up for His children, this principle, this schedule, is supposed to work for ALL who try it. I would highly recommend it.

    Love you.
    Larry

    ReplyDelete