Wednesday, April 16, 2014

ENLIVEN, ENDORSE, EXCISE

Good morning Friends,

I chose meditating last night to writing in the blog. In that meditation, I set up a ball of light that I put my day (today starting last night when I went to bed) in and then pulled it into my heart area and sent it out calmly and evenly with plenty of time to accomplish all I wanted for my day with time to spare. I started with a good nights sleep, something I don't get enough of, and then waking up refreshed and moving into my day. So far so good. 

I am amazed at how exhilarating meditating can be, yet so far there have been ebbs and tides. I think the key must be figuring out what the negative self talk is, especially that, that is like the darkness that likes to be stubborn and that I don't understand where it stems from yet.  I find that my self talk goes just as deep as my negative emotions and takes diligent search and a note pad to write it down before it is forgotten and I have to wait for the next cycle of awareness of it to show up. I have a lot of things come to mind and often I don't get it written down or erased soon enough before I forget what it is. (Now, was that negative self talk or is it in the same realm when we recognize something and discuss it?)

I'm finding that my relationships, both in person and the ones that have been challenging in my mind are improving and even many of the negative ones have vanished. A challenging person will come up in my mind a variety of ways and there is no more immediately go to hate feelings. It has been so very refreshing.

The E-words of the day are ENLIVEN, ENDORSE, EXCISE. I haven't looked them up yet because I like to give my version of their meanings before I go to the dictionary to see how close or far away I am on the meaning. These three are not the same as others that I often use a lot in my life. Maybe not so much with Endorse.

Enliven

The only thing I can think of here is when I take supplements or think of food that is supposed to be good for me, I hope it enlivens my body. As I write this I realize that meditation is definitely Enlivening (maybe).



Literally, to give life.
1.       To give action or motion to;  to make vigorous or active; to excite; as, fresh fuel enlivens a fire.

Not to bad on that one. Just being happy and grateful is also maybe the heart of Enlivening.

 Endorse:

This is one that I would align with politics primarily even though we end up endorsing or rejecting almost everything and everyone in life. I believe it is Annalee who says we need to give up our opinions. It might have been someone else. I do think our opinions are what drag us into darkness and doubt and maybe unbelief if not coupled with the Holly Ghost. In this CEO business, I find having an opinion usually borders on if not encapsulates judgement. 


Declare one’s public approval of. (this is NOT an 1828 definition)
1.       To write on the back of a paper or written instrument;  as, to endorse a note or bill of exchange;  to endorse a receipt or assignment on a bill or note. Hence,
2.       To assign by writing an order on the back of a note or bill; to assign or transfer by endorsement.   


 I did know the endorsing a check etc. We do use that one a lot in life.

Excise:

The only thing I know about this word is that in the uSA constutution, one of the constitutional taxes is excise tax.


To lay or impose a duty on articles consumed, or in the hands of merchants, manufacturers and retailers;  to levy an excise on.
n.
an inland duty or impost laid on commodities consumed, or on the retail, which is the last stage before consumption; as an excise on coffee, soap, candles, which a person consumes in his family.  But many articles are excised at the manufactories, as spirit at the distillery, printed silks and linens at the printer’s, &c.

 I thought there would be more to that word. I'm not quite sure how it relates to CEO?

From the Hidden Souls of Words, Imagine:

Imagine is something I would very much like to have more of, in the sense of being able to see things I want as part of my goals; to be able to see them vividly in my mind already a part of my life. I hope it gets better each time I exert the imagination muscle, but it seems to wax and wain. I'm sure there is some self talk there that needs adjustment. Guess I had better create a meditation for it. Annalee has much to say about Image-in. If there is a great book on imagination and how to image-in, I would like to know about it.

Again, another profound word with profound root meaning. We are all affected one way or the other from our own imagination and also the imaginations of others. As the book says, it is the way history is made and how marvels both good and bad come to pass. It makes me wonder how different and how the same other worlds are because of the different imaginations that take place on each one.

Well, I am at the end of the day, and it has been a great day. I hope yours has too.

Blessings,
\
Randy


No comments:

Post a Comment