Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 11 - The Word Careful
Day 12 - The Word Centered

Well as you can see, I wasn't very careful to get my blog done yesterday. But as I got myself centered with today's word, I was able to get back on track, and here I am.

One thing I like about all of these words, while they all have different meanings, they all lead to the same place. They all lead to the peace of Jesus Christ. They all lead to the cleansing of the inner vessel. The scriptures lead us to the same place if we are really diligent, but these words help us focus and get to the nitty gritty of the clean up process. I am really grateful for the new approach to "focus".

Careful, like most of these words has more meanings than I had thought of. 1) full of care; anxious; solicitous. Full of care I understood. We all have people we are full of care for and also things and activities. I had to think about anxious though. Our oldest son is going through a serious situation with an arm that his tendon has come unhinged. He has to get it operated on and put back together. It's been too long. His company and the doctors didn't deal with things until it became way overdue. Now we have to hope and pray that the outcome will be positive and thorough. We are very anxious about the carefulness that will be needed to make him as close to 100% again. I had to look up Solicitous. I found out that we are very solicitous regarding his situation. Another benefit of going through these words. We learn pieces of the definitions that we didn't know before. 2) provident; attentive to support and protect. We have definitely done this.3) watchful; cautious; giving good heed. To me this was self evident. At work, I am working on some really steep grades and we definitely have to do that. Most things we do in life require these things. Raising children is certainly one of them. 4) filling with care or solicitude; exposing to concern, anxiety or trouble; full of cares. I especially find these with my children and their families. When I have ah ha moments and wonder why I had to wait 60 years to get this. Then I want my children and grand children to know because I don't think they have 60 years before time as we know it runs out. I do admire those who get it young.

Centered is pretty easy. I know there are many aspects and avenues to be centered on but of course our main one is the gospel of Jesus Christ and the focus of ridding ourselves of the natural man and becoming pure as Christ is pure. I'll be glad when it becomes a reality and not just a distant hope. It sure is nice to recognize improvement isn't it? I think if we stay centered on fully implementing all of these words, we will get there a lot faster. But of course, that is where we are centered isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment