Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 1 - The Word Contained.

Last night, my wife, my daughter and I sat on the bed and brainstormed. We told each other things that were positive about each other. No one could argue or gasp or comment. we could only write down what one of the other said about us. It reminded me of a situation in court where my attorney ask my wife to collect some character reference letters from people that knew me.  I didn't know I was such a great guy. It's good to do exercises like this. It gives us positive platforms to launch anew from.

Today, our word of the day was "Contained". The admonition was to focus on that word for the full day. Each time I found myself  having a negative or judgmental thought or attitude, I thought of that word and was immediately able to get my self contained. I liked it.  My wife had a good experience with it also. I think I am going to like this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment