Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 10 - The Word Conscious

A very interesting word. For me just staying awake can be a struggle. I get up at 4:15 am on the days I go to work. I have to drive about an hour and 10 minutes to get to and from work. The drive at night isn't so bad but the morning drive can be real hard if I didn't go to bed at least by 9 the night before. It takes a lot of head shaking, yelling and just shear will to make it there with out loosing consciousness. On the way home at 5pm I usually have someone to talk to to help me stay awake. No one is up at 4:15 am or I would call them.

Last night at the Temple, I had a real struggle with this word conscious. My head did not want to remain conscious and I had to fight to stay awake most of the time. The temple isn't a good place to be unconscious.

One of the definitions of conscious is: possessing the faculty or power of knowing one's own thoughts, or mental operations.

When one embarks on a journey as we all are on right now with these words, or when we get immersed in the scriptures daily, It's real easy to identify the good and bad thoughts. Once a determination is made, it is quite easy to separate the two. Then when we determine to not let the bad ones stick around, it becomes more and more easy to send them packing as long as we practice it diligently. If I don't continually put good pondering into it, it is easy to get complacent and slip out of consciousnesses of what I am working on.

Well, I have to go to bed so I can be conscious in the morning and be able to work on being Careful.

Blessings on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment