Wednesday, June 19, 2013



Day Three - The Word Clean

This was a great word for me today. On my way to work I pondered how being Clean helps me to be receptive to the Holy Ghost. As I was driving along, a car came up behind me and followed way to close with his brights on. This happens often especially on this road which is a back road to Tooele (Utah). My normal mental response would be to mentally rebuke and think what a ****** this person was for a few moments before catching my self and then feeling so low for loosing my composure. This morning I simply thought of the word Clean and it took over. So far, all of the words have had this same effect.  It reminds me of all the times someone in church has recommended we pick a hymn to drive away the negative thoughts and acts. I never managed to make that happen. I guess I thought it took to long to go through a song. Also without the book, I don't have many songs that I can remember all of the words. With one word it is easy and very specific.

Through out the work day, there are many different distractions that can take my mind where it shouldn't go. I work with some of the most foul folks you can imagine. They can be very likable and good in many ways but they definitely don't share the virtues that I seek for. This week all I have had to do is summon my word of the day. I especially liked today's word though. It feels good to be clean and make good choices.

1 comment:

  1. You put that so perfectly. This is exactly what this program is all about I think! How simple to draw upon one word.

    Thanks for putting it so well.

    ReplyDelete