Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 4 - The Word Composed
Day 5 - The Word Contrite
Day 6 - The Word Compassionate

Day 7 - The Word Coordinated
Day 8 - The Word Constant
Day 9 - The Word Connected

As you can see, I'm way behind.  I didn't realize I was so far behind.

Well it was an interesting week.  On day 4, things didn't go so well.  I was mad at my wife and she was mad at me. So much for being composed.

It all started at work. I was mad at my boss and one of the other workers. The harder I tried to be composed, the worse it got. It was one of those days that the adversary just wouldn't go away. I think the Lord lets us have days like that so we will really appreciate the really good days. Anyway, I came home from work and took it out on my wife. I didn't necessarily know it until Bronwen told me I was guilty. Funny how we see it in everyone else, but often not in our selves. I did know I was fed up with the guys at work though but it turned out I read it all wrong. Big learning day, which leads into Day 5's word...Contrite.

Contrite has something to do with repentance and feeling bad for being out of order. I had a contrite day.

Day 6, Compassionate was a pretty good day. I found myself counting my blessings and grateful the enemy didn't have such a hold on me.

Coordinated, Day 7. I have a damaged hip that is renewing it's self and some days I don't feel very coordinated. I guess the highlight of the day was the realization that coordinated filled a much bigger space than just walking straight.  It was fun to explore the possibilities.

Day 8, Constant. Boy, that is a big one. Much to integrate into life as I looked into and pondered where I am constant and where I am not. I really enjoy this exercise because not only does it cause one to learn the full meaning of the words, but it makes me reflect on where I fall short and where I am strong so I can really go to work on the weaknesses.

Day 9, Connected. We are all so connected in so many ways and directions when we really take time to study it out. I had a unique experience in the Temple tonight. I was having ill feelings toward my wife and hadn't been able to work it out so it would go away. My wife likes to participate in the prayer and they don't like people to participate if you have ill feelings toward anyone there. I couldn't shake it so I wasn't going to participate. I was nervous about that because I didn't want to be angry with her and at the same time I wanted to get rid of it but couldn't. Just as it was about time for this to take place, the spirit swooshed through me and took all the bad feelings away. I was amazed at how fast it can happen when the Spirit takes over and answers our prayers. The bad feelings were so gone, I was able to participate and the feelings I had for the whole group were magnified also. It was good to feel connected

I'm really grateful for this exercise. Each day I look forward to it. My wife really helps me by texting me the word of the day with the definitions for it. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be Conscious so I can work on the broader meanings of that word.

No comments:

Post a Comment